My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm a drama student going to RMC in Calgary. Going to be famous...or Almost Famous

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Day One

I started writing my play yesterday. It's a full length play about discovering oneself.
I haven't gotten really far per se, but I feel like I've really come in leaps in strides when I think about where I was just Sunday. I have the concept, the beginning, the two main characters names, and other things I really can't explain. Perdita and Jason are the main characters. I haven't developed these characters very much, but I chose their names based on meanings.
I've become very much like those writers I detested in my english classes. Well, I shouldn't say detested really, I just hated how we analyzed their writings to death. I was convinced what they wrote wasn't all that deep, and they just felt like writing. Now I know better. I double check word meanings, name meanings, just to make sure my subtle nuances are there for the willing eye to see.
I plan on using the technique I used when I was creating my character with a disability first semester last year. I think this will help me create more in-depth characters.
I want this work to be good, not just because I've written it and I want everything I do to be a good thing, but I plan on it bringing in some money when I put it up (not necessarily a profit, maybe just enough to help with the expenses I will encur), and I also plan on publishing it in a year or two.
I've created this blog solely for the purpose of recording my thoughts and feelings during this whole process. This will hopefully serve me when I write more down the road. I can see where I struggled, and work to make things better and easier. It is also for my friends to read this and to see how I'm doing, and to hopefully encourage me when I hit the inevitable block.
Thus ends Day One.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Perdita - Lost
Jason - To Heal/healer

10:03 PM  
Blogger Alida said...

Cool! You're a blog queen!

And the Virgin Mary tour is "staying spoiler free for GG season 7." Because there are Spoiler Whores and Spoiler Marys. So if you're going to be a Spoiler Mary, the Virgin Mary Tour is everyone on the boards who is also planning to stay spoiler free, so we can keep spoilers out of the mainstream threads, and get everyone else to keep them in the spoiler threads, where they belong. And where we will not look. No matter how brightly they blink and beckon...

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home