My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm a drama student going to RMC in Calgary. Going to be famous...or Almost Famous

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Day Two

It took me awhile to to discern how I wanted to chronicle this. What do the days signify. I have an answer. They signify days of actually writing things down on paper. Even brainstorms. It's easier that way. And since Blogger puts the date on the entries anyway, I can see how long between days I don't write.
Today I wrote a few lines of dialogue, not a lot, but enough to bring in another character. I came up with this little bit of dialogue while on the bus home. The most infuriating thing was I had no tools to write it down as it popped into my head. I keep something beside my bed, but perhaps I should have a notebook and paper wherever I go. Let this be a lesson to me. It happened after I had finished the novel I had been reading for the past two weeks. I finished it about halfway through my route, so I had time to just sit. I started hearing bits of a conversation and young guy and girl were having. I don't know the exact gist, but it had something to do with language, and how it differs from the spoken and the written, and from different cultures. From that my mind wandered to different things that's going to happen at the beginning of my play and then dialogue popped into my head. I tried to keep it cycling around and around in my head, but it didn't work out. Live and learn.
Thus ends Day Two

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home