My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm a drama student going to RMC in Calgary. Going to be famous...or Almost Famous

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Day Six

Thursday, the 10th, I finished my book at work. That meant for the 35 minutes waiting for the bus, and the 20 or so on the bus, I would have nothing to read. I didn't feel especially inspired, but I picked up my notebook anyway and opened it. I started off with another monologue of what someone would think, but not necessarily say out loud, then I started writing dialogue, and writing and writing and writing. The only reason I stopped was because I need to develop a new character and since I'm introducing her I need to figure out names, personality, the works.
I've tried taking a new perspective on writing characters, but I don't know if I like it. Writers do this all the time, have a real person in mind when they write characters. The writers of Lost did it for Sun's character because while they didn't like Yoon-jin Kim's for the role of Kate, they loved her audition and created her a character. I heard John Grisham had Julia Roberts in mind for Darby Shaw when he wrote The Pelican Brief. (She ended up playing the role when it was brought to the big screen). I just don't know if I like doing it. What if the person doesn't want to do the role? What then? I think I'm not going to do that. I don't think it's as fun.
I've made a goal for myself in regards to the writing. From my estimation, the average length for full act plays are about 60-70 pages. I want to have 30-35 done before September. It'll just mean I'll have more time for edits and what-not. That means another goal is to put what I've written on paper on the computer so I know how long it is.
I got my french-english dictionary, so I can finish my other project, as long as I actually do it.
Thus ends Day Six

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home